Skip to main content

Decay 2018


Painting by Lucy Harding


I'm so mad at myself 
That despite the foul stench of decay 
That I'm emanating
I'll still choose you 
My murderer 
Without thinking 
From a heart not beating 
Because of you 
I'll still choose you
Death over life
Without you 
Over me
My lover.
In death. 
You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The minds who fell out of time

To you what is life is to me where death awaits.  Slow is to catch where the fire smoked.  But to burn brighter than the forecast .  A Sun sets slowly and lowly a fiery ball of doom.  Steadily stealthy the night comes. Death awaits.  But we are a people without time.

Space off.

  We all need space. Just enough to let us grow, but not too much that you feel forgotten and left out. S easy to succumb to the charm. pain holds you back, and every night you're on your knees same prayer, "Make me bigger, my voice heard, a better day tomorrow". Tough night, tomorrow is the same, same fake smiles...but you're honestly trying but the scariest thing is remembering, fragments and pieces of a painful past you were too young to remember or know better. fuck this, another day ill deal with this shit, but when. All I have to make is a single phone call, get it off my chest, tell them that i remember now everything that they did, and you know better, but you're not doing it just for that. its because you need to grow . because maybe, just maybe the pain will stop and you can trust again, maybe even feel beautiful and carefree like you once did...damn! thats a long shot , but its worth trying right? but i never do, so every day i dont, a small piece of ...

Aphorisms: critique of a poet.

Short , like our trust I can't even find comfort In the wriggly mind of a poet.  A lost lifeline Reducing the seductive embrace of words To a few miserly tidings, Aphorisms.  Promisingly put in the middle of a blank page Disappointing like phantom lover Haste. Noisy. Missing. Giving me no solace or thought Meaningless , like the love we hoped  Only a poet could cure.